We are enthused to share the information with you pertaining to our 2023 Grandparents Day. This event has traditionally been a highlighted date of our calendar, one in which all faculty/staff/students become energized and eagerly await! Please take note of the following details:
1. Grandparent’s Day is Friday, October 6th, and is open to all PK2 through 8th grade students.
2. The day will begin with school Mass at 8:30 a.m. All (families, parishioners, etc.) are invited to attend. After Mass, grandparents are invited to the school for a coffee/donut breakfast. Those with PK grandchildren can sign them out from the PK wing and take them into the school gym. All K-8th grade students will meet their grandparents in the gym.
3. After breakfast, grandparents are invited to go to the Book Fair with their grandchildren.
4. The school day ends for ALL students at 12:30 and dismissal will be from 12:30-1:00. There will be NO after-school care that day. Note: Grandparents may sign their grandchildren out of school upon departure (prior to 12:30).
5. This event is for grandparents only. It is intended to recognize and pay homage to the grandparents of our school community. If a parent would like to be there that day, the only way to attend will be by volunteering for the Grandparents’ Day committee, which you can do on the PTO Committee Sign-Up. We know that this can be a sensitive day for your child(ren) if they do not have a grandparent who is able to attend. As such, if you choose to keep your child(ren) home on this day, it WILL be an excused absence. With that said, we do encourage you to send your child on this date, regardless of whether or not they will have a grandparent present, to at least experience the school Mass, social time with classmates, and donut treat.
7. There is a form being sent home tomorrow with your youngest (or only) child that will allow you to sign up for Grandparents Day. You can either return that form to the school office or fill out this Grandparents’ Day Form. Either way, it needs to be completed by Friday, September 29 for us to have a headcount for seating and food! We have also attached the paper form to this email.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Rachel Jones (email@example.com)! Thanks!