The mission of St. Francis de Sales Central Catholic School is the lifelong, holistic formation of each person according to the Good News of Jesus Christ through faith community experience, academic excellence, and quality religious education. In collaboration as Christians, we commit ourselves “to serve; not to be served.”
St. Francis de Sales Central Catholic School exists for the purposes of communicating the “Good News”, for building a faith community, and for assisting parents in fulfilling their responsibility to educate children in accordance with Catholic tradition. We believe that parents are their children’s primary educators. SFdSCCS strives for excellence and provides meaningful teaching-learning experiences so that students can grow spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally in a Christian atmosphere animated by the Gospel values of community, love, faith, hope, truth, reconciliation, courage, justice, and service. We believe that every child is God’s unique creation, meriting respect and dignity. Each student has the freedom and responsibility to achieve goals, personal fulfillment, self-esteem, self-discipline, and self-direction.
Christ is the foundation for all of our activities, and His message is the basis of truth, goodness, and life. God’s message and love permeate school curriculum allowing each student to realize full potentials as a child in God’s Kingdom. SFdSCCS strives to provide a program enabling students to develop as Christians, to achieve academically, and to live productive lives.
STATEMENT OF GENERAL GOALS & OBJECTIVES
In keeping with the SFdSCCS philosophy and statement of mission, the following are the general school goals:
- To communicate the “Good News” and to help form Christ in the lives of our students, thereby developing better people for God and society.
- To provide a quality Catholic educational program for the students entrusted to the care physically, socially, and spiritually.
- To assist each student to grow to his/her full potential academically, emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually.
- To develop within each student a sense of pride, honesty, and self-esteem.
- To develop community, creating in each student the desire to become involved with and to be of service to others.
As a Catholic School, we understand and take pride teaching to our mission statement. We have numerous social justice projects throughout the year at all grade levels. We try to serve our community and the needy to the best of our ability. We believe that the lessons of school do not mean a thing unless they are applied in real life.