All students in grades 6-8 participate in our Middle School Advisory Program. This program was established to build a sense of community within the school. Middle school and specials teachers serve as group leaders. Each group is comprised of 9-10 students. The groups design shirts with a team name, color, and logo.
The program engages students in community work, fundraising, team building and social interactions with all grade levels. The students carry out our school mission statement, “We are here to serve, not to be served”. MSA has raised over $1052 by selling and purchasing “Katelynn Bears”, to help with a child’s medical expenses. They collected $1789 for playpens and cribs. Annually they purchase Christmas gifts for families that are less fortunate. MSA often extends these programs throughout the entire school by coordinating school wide collections for those in need. As a school we have collected over 15,000 can goods, over 10,000 diapers and $2500.00 for a local public high school students family to assist them with funeral expenses.
- Movie and Popcorn
- Pin Dodgeball Tournament
- Capture the flag competition
- Pumpkin Rolling Contest
- St. Francis Jeopardy
- Read Aloud to the younger students
- Internet Safety
- Bullying Stress
- College Preparation
- Motivation, setting goals, leadership
- The students will learn how to function as a group.
- The students will learn how to respect ideas from others.
- The students will learn how to work with a more diverse group.
- The students will learn sportsmanship through various activities.
- The students will learn generosity through program activities.
- The students will learn cooperation and how to help one another.
- The students will gain friendships with peers of different ages.
- The students will learn teamwork.
- The students will learn team strategies.
- The students will learn how to motivate others.
- The students will learn how to serve the surrounding community through various activities.
- The students will learn about real world situations through guest speakers.
- The students will learn how to make goals and strive to meet them.
- The students will engage in community and team building activities.